Arcade games were so popular in the 80s and, today, their popularity has reappeared. Simple but fun games, impossible to play on the iPhone or iPad without jailbreaking. Until now. MAME4iOS is an emulator app for iOS devices, designed for multi-arcade gaming on the A5 or higher iOS devices.
How to Download MAME4iOS:
This is so easy to do and, using this method, not only do you get MAME4iOS for free, but you also get to choose from more than 2000 other apps, games, tweaks, emulators and more. TweakBox app is a third-party app installer, a kind of alternative to the official app store but where everything is free. Downloading it is simple:
- Download TweakBox directly to your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the installer and use the search box to find MAME4iOS
- Tap on the app, tap on install and follow any other instructions on the screen
- When it’s installed, enjoy your arcade games on your iOS device.
Easy as that!
MAME4iOS allows you the opportunity to relive your favorite arcade games with a smooth and powerful emulator. It offers fantastic graphical controls, giving you a real emulation of the original arcade machine style and providing you with a near-perfect gaming experience.
Emulator App Features:
- No jailbreak needed
- Offers support for all A5 or newer iOS devices
- Support for 4” screens
- Auto-rotate feature
- Support for full-screen gaming
- Smoothed image feature
- TV Filter and scanline support
- Support for Video Aspect
- Animated touch DPad
- Selectable buttons
- Speed emulation
- CRT effect
- Options for game inputs
- Support for external controllers (jailbreak required)
- And much more
But wait, there’s more
There are a few issues that you need to be aware of before you download MAME4iOS:
- iPhone 6/6 Plus users may find display problems
- There is no ‘Open In’ feature – iTunes Sharing is required for adding ROM files and games to the app
- Some of the controller features require you to jailbreak to use them
- iOS 6 or higher is needed – only works on A5 or higher processor
Aside from that, MAME4iOS works perfectly well on most devices it is installed on. You will only need to jailbreak if you want to use certain game controller features but, for most users, the non-jailbreak version will do perfectly well.
Over to you