Deezer may not be the most popular music streaming service in the world, but it is one of the largest. It has more tracks that Spotify, it has plans to suit all pockets and is definitely worth looking at a bit closer. For so long, the likes of Apple Music and Spotify have ruled the music streaming world, but Deezer Plus is proving to be serious competition.
Let’s delve in
- It has a great choice of packages
- More than 50 million tracks
- Unlimited music
- The Hi-Fi ( Elite ) package has fantastic sound quality
- Supported on iOS and Android
- Web app compatible with all major browsers
- FLAC Lossless audio is only available on the higher priced plan
- Mobile app isn’t a clean as the web-based app and tends to buffer
- Lifeless design
- Algorithms aren’t always as accurate as they could be
- Unlimited music not available on all devices
So now you know what its all about, do you go for a free or a paid plan?
Let’s find out
Catalog and Sound Quality:
With more than 50 million tracks it is way ahead of other streaming services. That said, it is available in 182 countries, more than any other service, and offers music choices from each country. In terms of sound quality, well that depends on the plan you choose. The free plan is the worst, with streaming at just 128kbps; on the premium plan, for $9.99 a month you go up to 320kbps. If you want the best, you have to pay for it. The Hi-Fi ( Elite ) plan costs $14.99 per month and offers everything the premium service does at a higher quality – 1411kbps.
Stay with me
Deezer Plus Extras:
Deezer offers a pretty good selection of extras:
- Popular podcasts
- Live radio – most of the commercial stations included
- Exclusive content from Manchester United and FC Barcelona
- Lyrics on display for some tracks
The big question is:
Is it Worth It?
That depends on you. The premium service isn’t anything different from what other popular streaming apps offer. However, it does offer a large number of HD tracks, the option of True Lossless audio and more tracks than any other app.
The free plan offers pretty much everything you could want if online listening at low quality is what you want. If you want a better quality of audio with offline listening as an option, go for the premium plan.