Want to know more about how to install iOS IPA Files? Then read on because we’re going to shed light on this fantastic and powerful tool called Cydia Impactor. It is to side-load iPhone apps onto our iOS devices.
And the best part?
It’s still entirely FREE for use.
Cydia Impactor is the only way to sideload .ipa files for apps that Apple won’t sign; the unofficial app installers like Emus4U, for example.
Then let’s get started.
Before You Begin:
Before you dive in and download Cydia Impactor, understand the following first:
- The Impactor app requires your Apple ID/password to be used. Set up a second free account if you don’t want your normal one used
- If you have a standard free Apple ID, be prepared; the app certificates expire 7 days after you install them. You must reload the app, and you must do this every 7 days.
- If you have a paid Developer ID, your app certificates are safe for 12 months before they expire
- You must have an up to date version of iTunes on your computer
Let’s get busy
Download Cydia Impactor:
These are the direct download links for your computer platform ( Mac, Windows, and Linux )
How to Install IPA Files using Cydia Impactor:
- Use the button above to download Cydia Impactor
- Download the .ipa file for your chosen ( app )
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer
- Open the Impactor app; it should detect your device
- Find your .ipa file and drag it into Cydia Impactor
- An Expired Certificate warning will pop up; click OK
- Type in your Apple ID/password and click OK
- Wait; Cydia Impactor will sign the app certificate and sideload it onto your device
- You will see the new app icon on your home screen when this is done.
- Open Settings>General>Profiles
- Tap the name of the app certificate in the list of profiles
- Tap Trust and close down Settings
- Your app is now ready for use.
It couldn’t be any easier. But we’re not finished yet
Common Error Fix:
Cydia Impactor Provision.cpp Error
You may be unlucky enough to face a provision.cpp error at the point where your input your Apple ID. An error message that reads something like “provision.cpp:150 Please sign in with an app-specific password” or it may simply say “your Apple ID and Password were entered incorrectly”.
This is very easy to solve
- Open your browser and visit ( apple.com )
- Type in the ID/Password that you input in Cydia Impactor
- Click on Security>Edit
- Find the option for APP SPECIFIC PASSWORDS
- Click on Generate Password
- Type in a label and remember it
- Click on Create, and a new password will be generated
- Copy this password to your clipboard
When you use the Impactor app, use this password when you type your Apple ID in.
My Device Is Not Detected in Cydia Impactor
This is more likely to be an issue with your computer than Cydia Impactor. It could be for one of these reasons:
- You don’t have iTunes on your computer, or you have not updated it
- You have not connected your iPhone or iPad properly to your computer
- iTunes cannot recognize your device
How to Fix ?
We are showing you five ways to fix this; start at the first one and work through until one fixes the issue for you:
Method 1: USB Port
Check the USB port you are using to connect your iOS device. Does your device begin charging when it is connected? If it doesn’t, try another one – the port may be faulty. If none of your USB ports works, try the next method.
Method 2: Reinstall iTunes
- Delete iTunes, Apple Application Support, and Apple Mobile Device Support from your computer
- Reboot and then reinstall iTunes
- Reboot again
- Now try using the Impactor app
If it still doesn’t detect your device, try the next method
Method 3: USB Cable
Check that your USB cable is working correctly – if it isn’t, your device will not be recognized. Try another Apple certified cable – do NOT use cheap non-certified cables. If the cable works but Cydia Impactor still doesn’t detect your device, move on to the next method.
Method 4: Update Cydia Impactor
You should always use the most up to date version of any software.
Method 5: Try Another Computer
If you still can’t get it to work, try using another computer or laptop.
What are you waiting for?
Download Cydia Impactor and use it for all your app needs; you won’t regret it.
Follow us on Facebook, and we’ll give you more cool tips and tutorials.
*Found a Broken Link? Report Us below.