Delta Emulator is the latest games emulator app to be released outside of Cydia. It offers access to some of the top Gameboy and Nintendo games available, both classic and new, without you needing to jailbreak or pay any fees.
Right now, Delta emulator works only on iOS 10 and above devices, and it is somewhat limited in its capabilities for emulation. iPhone users and those on the iPad who want a far better emulation performance can try one of the following “FREE” emulators.
For those with an iOS device who are happy to use Delta Emulator, read on for full download instructions.
Download Delta Emulator:
This will only work on iOS devices like iPhone and iPad; for any other smart device, use one of the emulators linked above, both of which are fully functioning, free games emulators.
Method 1: Emus4U App
Tap the Download button below for direct download.
- Download Emus4U app from the linked article.
- Once it is installed, open the Emus4U app
- Click the button to the Apps button
- Go to the new section for Emulators and locate the Delta app; click on the Install button to proceed.
- Launch the emulator app, and you can choose and play your Nintendo games.
Method 2: AppValey App
Appvalley is the second un-official appstore that is hosting the Delta Emulator app for iOS users. You can download AppValley from the official page here – https://appvalley.app . After download, go to Search at the bottom menu, and type Delta and tap Get to install.
Method 3: Using Apple’s Swift Playground
This method is an iPad-only method. For iPhone users, GBA4iOS is your best bet as a Delta Emulator alternative.
- Go to the iOS app store and download and install Swift Playgrounds to your iPad
- Open your iPad Safari browser and open either this (link) or this (link) – Do NOT use any other browser.
- The Swift Playground app will open on your iPad, tap on Subscribe on the alerts screen
- Go to the new Delta section, tap Delta Lite Playground and tap Get
- Open Delta Lite playground and download your favorite NES games
Method 4: Using IPA File
You are going to need Cydia Impactor for this method and your Apple ID/Password.
- Make sure that iTunes is up to date on your computer – open iTunes, click Help>Check for updates and follow on-screen instructions if there is an update.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and close iTunes if it opens
- Download Cydia Impactor on your computer
- Next, tap the download button above to download the Delta .ipa file
- Launch Cydia Impactor and wait for it to pick up your iPhone or iPad
- Find the .ipa file and move it into the open Cydia Impactor window (drag and drop it)
- Input your Apple ID and password and then leave Cydia Impactor to sideload and sign the file
- When it is done, the Delta icon is on your home screen – don’t use it just yet
- First, open Settings and go to General
- Tap Profiles and Device Management and find Delta Emulator in the Profiles list
- Tap on it and then tap on Trust
- Close Settings; Delta Emulator is now ready for you to use
Delta Emulator is an incredibly comprehensive installer, offering so much access, you won’t need another emulator app. The fact that it is free and doesn’t require a jailbreak is a massive bonus, and it opens Delta Emulator up to many more users.
Delta Emulator is a decent emulator and worth a look for iPad users. Do let us know what you think of it an follow the developers on Facebook for more tips like this.